While Woods Hole summers are spectacular, with beach days spent lying in the warm afternoon sun and frolicking in the ocean waves, a spring visit to quaint Woods Hole has its benefits as well. With everyone eager to get back to traveling, eating out, and visiting popular attractions, this summer is gearing up to be one of the busiest in recent years. Now is the time to visit to enjoy all that Woods Hole has to offer before the summer crowds arrive!
Woods Hole Restaurants are Reopening
Spring has arrived and several Woods Hole restaurants are beginning to welcome back their patrons!
- Landfall Restaurant – Another great option for waterfront dining, Landfall’s menu features both land and sea options in their dining room and on their patio.
- Quicks Hole Taqueria – The farm-to-table restaurant on the ground floor of the Woods Hole Inn offers tacos, burritos, quesadillas and salads made with fresh seafood which patrons can eat on the lively patio overlooking the harbor. Woods Hole Inn is so excited to offer our Lobster Taco Special. With a New England take on a Baja California tradition the lobster tacos are not to be missed. The Lobster Taco Special features three nights at the inn plus two lobster tacos and two glasses of Cape Cod beer (or the house-made red sangria) at Quicks Hole. To reserve this special, go to our website and book any 3-night stay this summer and you’ll have the option to add the Quicks Lobstah add-on to your reservation.
- Quicks Hole Tavern – Adjacent to the Woods Hole Inn, the tavern offers spectacular views of the ferry and harbor while choosing from a diverse menu featuring new American cuisine.
- Water Street Kitchen – Offers guests a cozy dining room with waterfront views of boats as they come and go from the harbor. The restaurant specializes in using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Spring Activities in Falmouth and Woods Hole
As the days get warmer, outdoor activities are becoming more accessible!
- Shining Sea Bikeway – Woods Hole Inn is so excited to offer complimentary brand-new stylish bikes for guest use. Cruise the streets of the village or venture out on the bike path with its beautiful beaches and picturesque marshes.
- Spohr Gardens – Located just off the Shining Sea Bikeway, visitors will enjoy a stop at Spohr Gardens, where the spectacular daffodil gardens begin to bloom in early April. Most of the ride to the gardens is along the wooded stretch of the bike path that is protected from the cool spring breeze off the ocean.
- Birdwatching – Cyclists will also delight in the sights of Falmouth’s osprey population nesting on poles along the Shining Sea Bikeway. The osprey usually begin arriving at their summer nesting sites in March. Many of the baby osprey begin to hatch in mid-April. Birdwatchers should pack binoculars to spot numerous other species that have returned from their winter migration and built nests in the wooded trails along Salt Pond Marsh.
- Cape Cod Trail Race – This all-trail event, hosted by the Falmouth Running Club and located in the scenic Frances A. Crane Wildlife Management Area, offers both a 10K and a 20K race. For more information visit the Cape Cod Trail race website.
Come visit us at the Woods Hole Inn this spring to enjoy all Woods Hole has to offer before the arrival of summer crowds!